Wednesday, June 20, 2012

This Morning 6/20/12 Back At It

This is the first day of my morning routine since returning.  It's amazing how the plants have grown!  The mullein is at least as tall as I am.  The wine berries are on the verge of popping.  I have little green tomatoes and peppers peeking open their eyeballs and, of course, the yard has taken off with lots of plantain, dandelion, lamb's quarters, and bluegrass.  Mowing will take about three hours of precious time.  It's such a shame to cut grass around dwellings!

The music is flowing; songs coming and refining themselves.  The Willa Cather approach to prose is beginning to subconsciously apply itself to my songwriting.  B--- has been doing this for years and I always wondered how.  He would have liked Willa!

A snippet of a new one developing, then off to work:

The Tide Rolls Away
copyright 2012 SajaMaka Publishing

I watch the sun sail by
The tide rolls away
Somewhere at the edge of time
The tide rolls away

Let the tide roll away
Bid her well and better days
This world is left for you and I
As the tide rolls away

Treasures wash upon the shore
The tide rolls away
What once was here is now no more
The tide rolls away

Let the tide roll away
Bid her well and better days
This world is left for you and I
As the tide rolls away

White as clouds, Blue as the sky
The tide rolls away
From Marlin fins to Eagle's eye
The tide rolls away

Let the tide roll away
Bid her well and better days
This world is left for you and I
As the tide rolls away






No comments:

About Me

This blog is a commitment to write every morning, for every morning.