Friday, November 9, 2012

This Morning 11/9/12 Changing Pressure

Pressure to change is big for me.  Sitting in a bastion of options and dissatisfaction spells "Go for it!"  I'm not one of those "hang in there" people like the poster from the 80's with the orange kitty dangling by one arm.  I should clarify though.

I will hang in there when the endgame is worth the wait, the pressure, and the difficulties inherent in situations like scholastic achievement, learning an instrument, fitness pursuits, and reading a book.  But give me a job dealing with rude people, and the endgame loses its sheen.  I can rarely do anything long term just for the money.

Relationships are similarly...and sadly...in this category.  I can rarely do anything long term just for the love.  And if love gets lost in the process, or takes a hike for awhile, forget it!  I'm out of there!

There is one huge caveat though.

Communication.  I don't like guessing or reading into people's moods or responses.  Clarity - of self and with others - is my lightening rod to interrelationships.  Without it, contempt takes over.  Relationships are ruined once contempt enters the picture.  They can be put back together, but to do so involves great change and healing of old wounds within the relationship.

Lately, there is tremendous pressure to change.  Even the winds agree.

No comments:

About Me

This blog is a commitment to write every morning, for every morning.