Spring is springing with temperatures hitting 70F (21C) all week. The daffodils and spring beauties are beginning to bud. My spirits are also lighter. Coincidence? Or did several positive events over the last few days cause me to break into my stride and the weather just happens to be sunny and warm?
There are staunch believers that we create our entire reality. Entirely. From the unrest in our minds to the disease in our bodies. Some even believe we attract all the energy that is directed toward us in a day. If someone were to cut you off from a parking space, these believers think that YOU caused this to happen. Ugh. I cannot go there at all. I cannot make myself responsible for someone else's response to their day which caused them to respond to me. I'm just not that powerful.
It has taken quite a while for me to sort through this whoo-whoo garbage couched in the idea that we create our reality. I really don't believe this over-reaching concept is at all grounded in life on earth. I tread on thin ice here because although I do believe we have responsibility for our response to any given situation, the response/ability stops there.
The career salesperson - I mean a hardcore salesperson - will tell you they can make the customer do anything because people are Pavlovian by nature. A $20 bill dropped on the ground will cause a person to reach down and pick it up; a piece of gum will not.
We can learn about ourselves and others from any situation that arises. We can change behaviors we choose. We can appreciate the fact that, in general, a good attitude towards life helps us to see the good in life. The more we focus on the good in life, the more we can experience it. But...
bad days will happen sometimes and I really didn't cause my neck to hurt a few days ago. I just needed to buy a new pillow!