Wednesday, May 2, 2012

This Morning 5/2/12 - Lost Time

Lost Time

I met with a wonderful woman yesterday who teaches at the college from which I graduate this month.  I wish I'd known her earlier.  She has such a big heart and shares easily and is very knowledgeable in her area of expertise.

It's funny when this happens because I have a feeling of "lost time." It is as if there was time available to get to know someone which is now lost because I do not have the convenience of being in close proximity to easily find the time to know them better.  It's a funny feeling.  It's not regret, just lost time!

Of course, time is one of those very odd elements of demarcation which help humans define the universe.  I doubt very much whether the four-leggeds or wingeds have any conception of time.  For them, I believe they just allow their existence.  They don't resist, try to extend or appear as if they are not affected by the "passing" of time - the natural life cycle. 

The natural life cycle is a beautiful thing.  It allows all living things to encounter, embody and exude stages of life, some of which are more pleasurable than others.  However, they are just that - stages of life to enjoy.  If we can just focus on this aspect of our lives - the stages which are our birthright - we can stop fighting against the "passing" of time.


No comments:

About Me

This blog is a commitment to write every morning, for every morning.