The Hundredth Posting of this Process
I've been looking forward to this day - to post the hundredth posting since I've begun to write every morning for every morning.
This process was started in order to shake myself out of feelings of despair and questioning of everything in my life. I had no idea where it would lead, but here I am. I have direction and confidence and beauty in my life. I have acquired my first degree and gave the commencement speech at graduation to two standing ovations. I should mention that this was the first standing ovation in the 25-year history of the college's commencement ceremonies. I am preparing for the Beacon Scholar Conference where I will present a paper on Willa Cather. I have steady employment and am leaving a very part time job of ten years. I have short, medium and somewhat long-range plans. I never make very long-range plans! I no longer dread waking up in my house alone or fear making choices which seem difficult and different from my previous choices. It's as if I am renewed, and making this commitment to write everyday has allowed me to find my way clear out of the dark woods I was seeing around me.
I have just reread passage of writing that set me on this journey; I have never posted it. I titled it "Trudging" which tells you something of how I was experiencing life. I don't quite feel far enough away from that time to publicly post it yet; maybe on my two-hundredth posting date. However, I am so happy to be on this path. It's a good way. It feels good, and since I've begun, many good things have come into being within my life.
For that I am very grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment