Tuesday, July 10, 2012

This Morning 7/10/12 Colloidal Silver and other Apparent Miracles

There is plenty of controversy regarding the use of Colloidal Silver and its efficacy.  Before the dawn of "natural" products/alternative health manufacturers, Colloidal Silver was actually listed, until 1975, in the official drug guide books,  The United States Pharmacopeia and National Formulary.  It was during this era, though, when many apparently safe, easily obtainable and natural remedies, herbs, and supplements empowering people to take responsibility for their own health, became targets of campaigns against their legality.

The FDA, which monitors "approval" of food and drugs for public consumption, got in bed with drug manufacturers with the passing of the Kefauver-Harris Drug Amendments in 1966.  Although the amendments appeared to place the burden of proof for a drug's safety squarely on the drug companies themselves, what it really did is gave the FDA the power to decide what was being made available to the American public.   This signaled the crude reality of politics and politicians being forever indebted to the corporate giants we know today:  Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson, Merck, Bristol/Myers, et al.

But, I digress.

My personal journey taking responsibility for my own health and seeking out alternative and safe remedies began in 1979.  I read Rachel Carson's Silent Spring and became familiar with Jethro Kloss's Back To Eden; two pioneering books to lay the groundwork for why and how it is imperative to not follow the standard AMA/FDA/USA model of wellness.  Putting profit and wellness in the same hand is a bit like telling someone to eat their ______ to feel better.  (Disgusting!)  But the point stands!

I have had two "miracle" cures with non-FDA sponsored natural remedies.  One was at age 26 when my monthly menses became relatively symptom-free after I took, for two weeks, Evening Primrose Flower Essence.  For ten years I had suffered through a form of toxic shock syndrome at the onset of my moontime each month.  The symptoms of vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness and weakness were relieved only by a day of rest, a hot bath and valerian root (from which they make Valium, the drug) tea.  I met some people who understood plants in their purest state - herbalists who walked, collected and prepared their own tinctures, essences and poultices for health benefits.  One of these people gave me the flower essence and it changed my life!

The other "miracle" happened with a homeopathic remedy prepared from the Arnica plant.  I had just had major surgery on my left leg, requiring a nine-inch incision in my hip.  In the post-op room, they were intravenously dosing me with Morphine upon request.  I requested every five minutes because the pain was excruciating.  When they wheeled me to my hospital room, my husband was there with several homeopathic remedies in very high therapeutic dosages.  He gave me Arnica 1M and the pain stopped.  Period.  Just stopped.

Colloidal silver gave me a miracle moment once with a cat.  The feline was a friend's house cat, 17 years old and seemingly at death's door according to the veterinarian my friend took him to hours before.  Instead of euthanizing the cat, my friend brought him home to die.  When I looked in on the kitty in the closet, he communicated through his beautiful eyes.  I gave him colloidal silver in water and sprinkled on his head, and I laid my hands on him for awhile.

Three hours later, my friend called me and said the cat was acting like nothing was wrong.  The cat lived another year and whenever I came over, he was there to greet me.

I like Colloidal Silver.  In moderation, it helps many ailments and I use it for colds, sore throats, or if I just feel something is out of balance.  I don't consume enough to cause argyria ("blueing" of the skin and organs), and I don't know if it "cures" everything it is espoused to cure, but I do know it is definitely worth keeping on my shelf of alternative FDA unapproved remedies!

No comments:

About Me

This blog is a commitment to write every morning, for every morning.