Legs take us forward. Legs carry us. Legs are the conduits of agile movement in humans. To translate the emotional capacity of legs - since that's what I do - legs signal confidence and courage, strength and capacity, ease of inner movement and acceptance.
My legs are bothering me lately. Various symptoms from femoral nerve jabs to weakness in my left knee have been occurring the last few weeks. Last night's very scary lower leg cramps, timed an hour apart, starting with the right side, left me on the floor nauseous, sweating and about to pass out from the pain. After reaching up to the sink to put some water in my mouth, I called a friend to "think" for me because I couldn't figure out what to do and didn't want to faint.
Homeopathic Magnesium Phosphate was indicated, but the acute problem was addressed and relieved with Aconitum Napellus 6x. I need a stronger dose though to deal with the more subtle issues I'm facing which are manifesting in my legs.
This fear of moving forward with my Public Health degree is due, at least partly, to poor communication from the university I'm enrolled in. The brand new format and location for this degree seems to be stalled. Perhaps I will be shifting to another campus for my work on this.
Additionally, I am being reminded about a car accident which occurred 21 years ago, in which I was incapacitated for 10 days in the hospital, and in recovery for 6 months before I was anywhere near functional. My left femur had been broken and a brain trauma/concussion left me unable to see straight or keep rhythm accurately. This memory is present for me very strongly as I am having symptoms in my left leg.
All this says to me is that I am working on going forward in my life and it isn't always easy or clear where it will all lead. For someone who likes to know toward where I am walking, who doesn't like the dark, it is a scary prospect.
At this point, all I can do is trust. Trust the guidance leading me this way and trust that I will be well for the journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment