Ding, dong, the mouse is...GONE!
The plump little mouse occupying my kitchen and dining room, who has been defiantly running across the floor in front of me and my mighty non-mouse-hunting cat, Wakiyan, has been relocated to someone's yard on N--- Street. In the rain!
Last night after a late class and rendezvous with a friend, I came home and decided to quickly check my email on my laptop. I turned it on, sitting at my dining room table, and from there I saw the mouse do his usual scamper from under the refrigerator to behind the cast iron radiator. He (or she) then travels along the wall to behind my buffet.
Last night, I put Wakiyan over by the buffet as soon as I saw the mouse run toward it. The mouse flew out from underneath and into my office, with Wakiyan in chase. But unfortunately, the mouse knows the obstacle course and came out from another door to appear in the dining room again two minutes later! How infuriating! The mouse is outsmarting Wakiyan now!
Well, I again put Wakiyan over toward the buffet, but he was done and not interested at all. It was at that very moment when I saw from the corner of my eye, the mouse jump into a reuseable shopping bag I had on the lower step in the mudroom. I heard the "plop" of his tiny body in the bag and carefully, but quickly, creeped over and closed the bag at the top!! Yes!! I had the mouse!!
We went for a ride about a mile away and I let him out of the bag, in the rain, on a wet lawn of someone's property in a little development. He looked dazed and confused by the wet grass when I dumped him out of the bag. I just said bon voyage and good luck, feeling a little guilty for his confusion.
I can't help it. That little mouse trusted me enough to come out when I was clearly present. However, there always comes a time to say goodbye, and in some cases, good riddance!
No comments:
Post a Comment