Friday, August 31, 2012

This Morning 8/31/12 The Knee Situation

Been on crutches for 5 days now - left knee ballooned without apparent trauma or injury.  Had acupuncture two days ago - swelling has reduced about 25%.  I continue to use castor oil and apple cider vinegar wraps, taking Chinese herbal supplement, occasional baby aspirin, elevation (as much as I can).  I stopped icing because the tissue is at a different stage where the ice is not helping.  I am trying to stretch my leg gingerly and strengthen the adductors. (inner thigh)  Drinking water.  The pain is reduced 50-75% from a few days ago.  That's a blessing!  Still can't manage the clutch on my Subaru, so I'm home.

 My sister and nephew are coming on Saturday to help me with things like lawn and house stuff.

Life is full of surprises - even after a beautiful ceremony like Sundance where you feel like all is in balance.  Blam!  (surprise!) Maybe it is in balance...maybe the balance is gaining stillness and humility, and slowing down to a ridiculous pace where every move I make has to be thought out and considered before I proceed even one step.

Maybe the lesson of allowing kindness to evade me one too many times has caught up with me.  I do not walk in darkness, and shouldn't try.  I am not cynical, and shouldn't swim in those waters.  I don't do sarcasm or defensiveness, and shouldn't allow those weaknesses to bubble up within my mind.  I don't like shame, and shouldn't act shamed when there is none to have.

I look forward to walking and running again.  I look forward to the moments of stillness by conscious choice.

No comments:

About Me

This blog is a commitment to write every morning, for every morning.