Friday, August 3, 2012

This Morning 8/3/12 earth

Photographs of the earth drying and cracking in parts of Turtle Island are showing up on the news.  The drought of rain has made it a difficult growing season for corn, soy and other commodity foods which provide the staple diet of most people in the U.S. 

I am researching some winter crop hot house ideas.  Of course, nothing grows without water.  It's just that a simple window frame hot house provides condensation and warmth to grow food.  We are getting rain periodically, just not enough to sustain the millions of acres necessary to feed the entire population. 

Because of the drought, apparently, half of the counties in the U.S. are under federal-emergency status!

Earth is changing.  I can't pretend I'm not alarmed.  I am. 

The economic system is cracking, as well, without enough resources to sustain the millions necessary to feed the entire population.   Congress argues over whether to extend Bush Tax Cuts to millionaires and people are starving and farms are dried out.  The ripple effect of all this falderal is frightening to contemplate.

No comments:

About Me

This blog is a commitment to write every morning, for every morning.