Rwanda - 18 years
Yesterday was the New York City annual commemoration of the 18th anniversary of the Rwandan Genocide, in which over one million Tutsi's were murdered only because of their ethnicity. This horrifying 90 days of slaughter across Rwanda was instigated by a government and consortium of primarily Hutu ethnic men who believed Tutsi's needed to be annihilated. This systematically-planned genocide was coordinated by military, business and government sectors, including China and Belgium, who supplied machetes used by Hutu's and militias to carry out this atrocity.
This is a story of the deaths of families of people I know personally. These ones have survived somehow - by the grace of God - and are committed to tell their story.
It deserves more print than I can devote at this time.
I love Jacqueline Murekatete, my dear friend, who has opened my eyes to these horrors by reliving hers around the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment