Wednesday, April 18, 2012

This Morning 4/19/12 - Beacon Acceptance

Willa and Beacon

I got news that my 5000-word paper, "Willa Cather: Forsaken Love for Art's Sake," has been chosen to be presented at the 20th Annual Beacon Conference for student scholars at two-year colleges.  I wrote this paper initially as an autobiographical feminist criticism of Cather.  My professor, J. Myskowski, decided I should expand, develop and submit the paper to Beacon for consideration.  Fortunately, it was chosen from over 160 submissions to be included in the conference.  I will  present the paper and support my thesis within a 20-minute presentation on June 1.  This is very exciting!

First, I am very honored and happy to be selected.  I worked so very hard on that paper.  Second, it gives me a sense of accomplishment in my ability to write, which is one of the reasons I wanted to return to college - to improve my writing.

I feel as if all things are going very well.  Good news is coming and coming.  And for that, I give great thanks.

"Do what makes you happy and be loving."  These were my instructions last year when I fasted.  It's really nice that such a simple directive can return such amazing blessings.

Aho!


No comments:

About Me

This blog is a commitment to write every morning, for every morning.